Region 2 Catherine B. Jacob Schooling Show Year End Award Information 2021:
- PURPOSE REGIONAL AND LOCAL LEVEL
- To help provide funds for Region 2 sponsored GMO Educational Fund
- To establish a standard set of dressage classes throughout the region that will count toward Region 2 Catherine B. Jacob Schooling Show Year End Program Awards.
- To encourage local competition managers to put together a series of schooling dressage competitions that will provide competitions with standard quality of classes and judges.
- To allow local competitor’s scores to be recognized on a regional level without leaving their home area.
- To encourage competitors to improve their skills, gain show experience, and confidence to move up to USDF/USEF rated shows.
- To encourage a venue to educate and train a base of show volunteers: scribes, gatekeepers, scorers, bit checkers, etc. for local and USDF/USEF recognized shows.
- To encourage riders to join a local GMO (group Member Organization of USDF).
- HORSE/RIDER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Competitor must be a current or new member of a local GMO to compete for Region 2 Catherine B. Jacob Schooling Show Year End Awards Program.
- Competitor is responsible for following the rules and completing the requirements of the schooling shows.
- Musical Freestyles; competitors must send to Points Person a copy of a score of 60% or above of the highest test of the level they wish to compete in MFS.
- Competitor may compete in two adjacent levels on the same horse.
- Competitor may compete on more than one horse. Each horse/rider combination MUST complete the registration form and send to the Region 2 Points Person.
- Competitor MUST send a completed 2021 REGION 2 CATHERINE B. JACOB SCHOOLING SHOW REGISTRATION FORM for each horse/rider combination to the Region 2 Points Person with a check for $25.00 for each level or $45.00 for two adjacent levels, BEFORE their scores are eligible.
- Rider MUST send a completed REGION 2 CATHERINE B. JACOB SCHOOLING SHOW RESULTS FORM with readable copy of the front of each test to be used for year-end awards. FOUR test scores per level are needed. If fewer score are submitted, their average score will be placed below the four scores averaged. If more than FOUR scores are submitted, ALL scores sent will be averaged.
- Horse/rider combinations that have shown at USDF/USEF recognized competitions Second Level or above are NOT eligible to compete in Introductory or Training Level for this program.
- CLASS ELIGIBILITY
- STANDARD SET OF DRESSAGE CLASSES
- USDF Intro A, B, & C 7. MUSICAL FREESTYLES (State Level)
- TRAINING LEVEL Tests 1-3 8. WESTERN DRESSAGE (TOC)
- FIRST LEVEL Tests 1-3 9. GAITED DRESSAGE (TOC))
- SECOND LEVEL AND ABOVE (State Level)
- DRESSAGE HORSE IN HAND (3 YRS AND LESS)
- DRESSAGE HORSE IN HAND (4YRS AND OVER)
- YEAR END AWARDS
- Awards will be given up to the top 10 places in each LEVEL, if entrants warrant. Divisions (JR, OPEN, Adult /AM, VINTAGE) may be combined if entrants warrant (Junior-18 or under) (Vintage 50 and over- Specify OPEN or A/A)
- FOUR scores per LEVEL are needed to qualify for Year End Awards. If THREE or less scores are submitted, they will be averaged and placed below the FOUR averaged scores. If MORE than FOUR scores are submitted all scores will be averaged. Final placing is based on their AVERAGED PERCENTAGE SCORES as set out above.
- Award results will be published on the Region 2 Website and may be reproduced in local GMO newsletters and websites.
- Awards will be mailed to the recipient. Scores submitted must be postmarked by NOVEMBER 5. Show year will be from November 1 to October 31 of the following year.
CONTACT: For further information, please contact: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Catherine B. Jacob, 7230 Cincinnati Brookville Road, Okeana, OH 45053 513.335.0009
REGION 2 2021 CATHERINE B One Rider One level
REGION 2 CATHERINE B Jacobs -multiple shows